Foodbuzz

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Bea's Diner and St John's Bakery

Pin It!
Having heard so much about the smashing american breakfast at Bea's Diner and the amazing Custard Donuts from St John's Bakery, a trip to the arches along Druid Street quickly worked it's way up the always growing list of places to visit in London! One thing I really love about London is that there are always new places to discover and even if you revisit a particular area, there most usually will be something new that's of interest. 


Bea's Diner and St John's Bakery, both open only on Sat, are a short walk away from the world famous borough market so it's definitely worth the extra effort to walk over here as your tummy will most definitely thank you for it!


The Brioche French Toast with caramelised bananas and walnuts, Buttermilk Pancakes with roasted strawberries as well as the Custard Donuts from St John's bakery were ohhhh soooo goooddd!!! Simply awesome!! One bite of any of the above and the only thing one can say is....OMG, OMG, OMG!!! Worth the calories??! OOhhhhh Yesssssss!


I will be going back to Bea's Diner really soon for the exciting Crawfish boil....all you can eat crawfish!!! It's gonna be another good day!!!
Bea's Diner
The diner
Menu for Bea's Diner


Brioche French Toast with caramelised bananas and walnuts 
Buttermilk pancakes with roasted strawberries
Custard Donuts
They don't skimp on the custard
Freshly baked bread

6 comments:

  1. I have promised myself next time I go to London I will go to Borough market, so I particularly appreciate your reviews of both places. The bakery seems to have really fantastic bread (and yet so many people say the British don't have good bread!). The doughnut is huuuuuge and looks so appetising thanks to your very suggestive photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you'll have to give these 2 places a go when next visit! There's definite good bread to be found over here if you know where to look and there's are more and more great bakeries popping up so it's not difficult to find one now.

      Delete
  2. Your excited narration along with the delicious pictures made me hungry! I was going to make buttermilk pancake today and I made even strawberry sauce but I didn't have enough flour to make it! Now I'm determined to make tomorrow after seeing this delicious pancakes. I can't wait. I wish I can go here though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha... sorry, i get a little excited when i see and eat something so delicious! hahaha the buttermilk pancakes were truly delicious! and I'll take you there to eat when you visit! ;)

      Delete
  3. We went to the crawfish boil last week- it was terrific, terrific fun. Stuffed to the gills by the end...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went to the crawfish bowl last evening and it was brilliant!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...